Writtle CC Code of Conduct
Writtle C.C. - Code of Conduct
Winning is a fundamental part of the game, but fair play and respect for others are equally important. Players and adults shall, at all times, behave in a manner that enhances the games image and reputation. This code of conduct defines standards of behaviour expected by the ECB and the Essex Cricket Board. It is equally applicable to all players, coaches, parents and adults present.
- To set a positive example to others, in particular other players and supporters.
- To abide by the laws, rules and spirit of the game.
- To treat opponents with respect at all times irrespective of the result of the game.
- To safeguard the well-being of team-mates and opponents by the avoidance of rough play.
- To actively promote the game of cricket for all and encourage, at all times, the games equal opportunities philosophy which does not discriminate on race, gender or physical disability.
The following areas of behaviour are deemed unacceptable both on and off the field of play.
- Use of offensive, insulting, abusive language or gestures directed at team members, opponents, parents, ECB/CCB officials, members of another club or officials appointed by the controlling bodies of cricket.
- Failure to act on an instruction given by an ECB/CCB or club official.
- Actions which could damage the reputation of the club, ECB/CCB or sponsors.
We particularly ask coaches and accompanying adults to help Essex Cricket Board to apply these standards and to affirm their acceptance by agreeing to adhere to these points.
- Encourage the players to learn the rules and play within them.
- Discourage unfair play and arguing with officials.
- Help the players to recognise good performance, not just results.
- Set a good example by recognising fair play and applauding the good performance of all.
- Never punish or belittle a player for losing or making mistakes.
- Publicly accept officials’ judgements.
- Support your players’ involvement and help them enjoy their sport.
Please note that failure to sign and abide by this code of conduct will result in the player and parent/guardian being asked to attend a disciplinary hearing and the player may be stopped from participating.
- Use correct and proper language at all times.